No SQL Databases
NoSQL, usually refers to a non-relational database that don’t depend on a relational model. These are databases that store information in a different format than relational tables and are widely known for their ease of development, functionality and performance at scale.
NoSQL databases are available in various forms depending on their data model.
Advantages of a NoSQL Database
- Supports unstructured data.
- Breadth of functionality.
- Supports multiple data structures.
- Developer friendly.
- Ability to scale horizontally on commodity hardware.
Disadvantages of a NoSQL Database
- Less support.
- No advanced expertise.
- Doesn’t have standard query language.